Tutorials - Post Processing Basics
On this site you find a set of basic post processing tutorials, which provide the foundation for the more advanced photo editing techniques I show in my other tutorials.
Keyboard Shortcuts in Photoshop
Keyboard shortcuts are essential for a fluid workflow in Photoshop. In this video I show the shortcuts I use the most.
How to create advanced masks in Photoshop
In this tutorial I lay out the foundation for my creative post processing. I use masks a lot in Photoshop and here I show a set of my most commonly used masks, including hard edge masks, Luminosity Masks and a more targeted Luminosity Mask.
How to use masks in Photoshop
After knowing how to create certain masks, it's even more important to know how to use them. In this video I show some use cases.
How to Dodge and Burn
In this video I show you how I do doge and burn, which is an essential technique I use a lot in my post processing. You'll also see me using it in my other tutorials. I also show you how I use Lumenzia in the process here.
Building upon the previous videos, in this tutorial I show you how to do exposure blending using Luminosity Masks.
I use a set of plugins in my workflow, which I also want to share with you:
- Although I explained how to create Luminosity Masks in Photoshop above, the use of a plugin to create those can massively speedup your workflow. In the past years I've been using the TK Actions Panel a lot and it's also featured in many of my tutorials.
- A recent discovery was the Lumenzia Plugin* by Greg Benz. It's my new preferred tool for mask creation in Photoshop and it will be featured in upcomming tutorials.
- My absolute favourite set of Plugins was recently acquired by DXO. There is still a free version available of the The Nik Plugin Collection.
- To sharpen my photos for the web I use another free plugin, the Web Sharpener by Andreas Resch.
Now you should have a good foundation to continue with my more advanced tutorials.
* This is an Affiliate-Link. If you use it to buy Lumenzia, I'll get a commission.